Friday, May 12, 2006

5/12/06 Workout

I was shocked and thrilled this morning to see that I lost 0.8 more pounds! That makes 2.2 pounds since Monday - YAY!!!! Hopefully, I can keep it up...I'm scared I'll plateau or something, but after talking to our family cardiologist yesterday, I still have 26.8 more pounds to go, so there's really no option!

All I can do is my best, and I have a lot of incentive - my Dad's side of the family has a history of heart disease and small, dense cholesterol particles (research shows that's bad). Ideally, you want big, fluffy cholesterol particles. In August 2004, I had a blood workup done to see how I was doing, and my cholesterol count is pretty good: Doctors like the total to be under 200 and mine was 215. I know what you're thinking..."But 215 is above 200..." The thing is, my HDL (good cholesterol is very high), and my LDL is actually in a healthy range, though it can always be healthier, so after talking to the family cardiologist yesterday, I just need to shoot for lowering the LDL (bad cholesterol) by about 20. He said it's totally in my hands - I just need to workout everyday and lose the weight to help fight off those bad family genes.

I had bloodwork done yesterday to see what it's at now. Who knows where it's at after pregnancy and during this time while I'm breastfeeding! I just want to see where I'm at, so I that I can work toward my new cholesterol goals.

Okay, today's workout:

300 calories
0.72 miles
53 carbs
22 minutes

Until tomorrow...

No comments: