Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Keep on keepin' on...

Looks like a little over a month ago, I was 151.3, and today, I finally broke a huge barrier: the 150 pound barrier! I weighed 149.6 this morning!!!!! Yay! It took over a month to lose those couple of pounds, but it finally happened (hopefully, I haven't jinxed it for tomorrow morning's weigh-in...). Anyway, I'm actually really shocked, because of all of the holiday eating I've been doing:

Tara's Fudge Wreath - PURE EVIL. But for only a few pieces, I've been slowly eating away at the whole damn thing.

Leftovers from our Christmas party: Julia's Squares (a sinful combination of chocolate cake mix, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, walnuts, coconuts, and sweetened condensed milk) and Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal cookies...also, Tatum's yummy Bacon and Cheese dip (SO FREAKIN' GOOD! Imagine if you will: a loaded baked potato in dip form! - luckily, she used some lower fat ingredients!), leftover pinwheels that I made (also lowfat ingredients), and chips and queso that Megan left over here! Oh, oh, and - multiple 2 liters of soda - coke, cherry coke, dr. pepper, ginger ale...

All of the above are normally NEVER, EVER, EVER in this household! Even in lowfat form! So again, I'm shocked that I've kept the weight off. However, I have continued to workout nearly everyday - for at least 30 minutes, and usually closer to 40 or 45 minutes. So that definitely helps, I'm sure.

Also, after watching a Tivo'd Oprah, I learned that a woman's waistline should be below 32 inches. Dr. Oz talked about how to measure your waistline (measure at the belly button, and it IS okay to suck in, because the health concern is the stuff underneath the relaxed fat...or something like that...I dunno, go to Oprah.com or buy Dr. Oz's book to hear the explanation). Anyway, I measured my waistline and it was 30 1/2 inches!!!!!! YAY! I'm healthy! Now to maintain...and to get rid of the extra belly fat...really need to get back into yoga. Which I fully intend on doing after the holidays when I will (hopefully) be getting a combination of new clothes and gift cards to finally have some smaller clothes that fit! It has been very frustrating walking around with any type of bottoms falling down! I have made a request to receive clothes that would be good for running errands, playing on the floor, meeting up for playdates, etc. In other words, yoga pants, track outfits, you get the point...

Yes, this blog is very stream of consciousness style...sorry! Anyway, off to bed - got an 8am doc appt. in the morning about a nagging pain in my right side (hurts when I cough, sneeze, laugh) - don't know if it's post-surgery related or a pulled muscle or something else, but I'd like to get it checked out!

Night!

No comments: