Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words


5 Minutes for Mom
is having an exciting photo contest. In case you aren't familiar with their site, it is an incredibly fun and helpful parenting resource! I highly recommend you check it out!

Here is the picture I'm entering into their "What Motherhood Means To Me" photo contest:



There are so many pictures I have taken of sweet Jillian that mean so much to me as her mother, but this one stands out in my mind as one that stands for what motherhood means to me, as it captures the pure innocence that we, as mothers, so often witness. The pensive look on Jillian's face - as she looks out into the distance - also seems to accurately convey how bittersweet it can be, as a mother, to think into the future - one that perhaps isn't so distant - and to realize that children grow up so quickly.

1 comment:

Stephanie Wohlgemuth said...

That is such a cute picture of Jillian! She is adorable :-) A friend of mine made the letters. Do you remember Kristen Molloy from Austin College? She is the one that made them. They are actually painted. She did an amazing job on them didn't she?