Monday, March 20, 2006

Sweet Baby Girl

Wow, I just experienced one of the sweetest moments of motherhood. It was the dreaded naptime, and Jillian was fussy as I changed her diaper and sat in the rocker. But I gently bounced her on my leg while singing "Old MacDonald," and she put her thumb in her mouth and instantly got quiet! Then I held her next to my chest, just rocking, and she put her thumb in her mouth again, closed her eyes, and fell asleep. It was so precious. I kept rocking her as she drifted off into dreamland, sucking on her little thumb. I contemplated taking a nap as well...just so that I could keep holding her like that. But I knew that it would be better for me to put her in her crib (however, first I walked to the bathroom mirror just to see her precious little face, asleep on my chest - so cute!). So I placed her in her crib, hoping she wouldn't fuss when she realized I wasn't holding her any longer, and she didn't! She went straight down for a nap! Again, this is truly one of the most special, precious moments of my motherhood experience thus far. I love my Baby Jillian!

No comments: